|Connecting people with the Healing Forest
|HIDDEN WONDERS @ El Yunque
|I N D I V I D U A L S · E X T E N D E D · F A M I L I E S & G R O U P · T O U R S
|Take a breath, observe, immerse, and
reconnect with the Healing Forest. This
option is for the explorer at heart as we
focus on the natural history of El
Located in la Sierra de Luquillo and
with close to 29,000 acres of land, El
Yunque is one of the most important
places in Puerto Rico due to its
- Birds: 111 species,16 of 17 of
our endemic birds
- Reptiles: 11 lizards, 3 geckos,
- Mammals: 11 native bats, 5
- Amphibians: 13 endemic frogs,
plus 1 introduced species
- Fish: 6 native, plus 1 introduced
- Plants: more than 1,000 species
- Trees: 225 native species;
endemic to Puerto Rico, 60;
endemic to Luquillo Mountains, 8
- Ferns: Over 150 species
- Flora: 636 native species,
including 50 native orchids
- You will meet the guide at El Yunque 15 minutes before this nature walk starts (8:00 AM).
- The walk starts at Angelito Trail, a moderate-impact trail that ends at Poza Las Mujeres.
- You will learn about the fauna and flora of the rain forest and how species survived after
hurricanes Irma and María.
- Then, you will walk to Puente Roto and learn the importance of water as a resource,
specially for shrimps and fishes.
- You should be able to walk and stand for approximately 4 hours.
- Swimming or river crossing is not allowed.
- Transportation not included in price.
- Face mask and physical distance a must!
- Non-smokers only.
How these species survived at the
Forest after hurricanes Irma and María?
|Scavenger Hunt? See
how many species
you can find with us.
Of the daytime tours at El Yunque National Forest, this is the one everybody talks about. We have adapted this activity to comply with the
new temporary regulations as access to the Forest is limited. If you consider yourself an explorer, Hidden Wonders is for you!
|El Yunque National Forest is closed on December 25th.
|Due to the number of people visiting El Yunque National Forest during the Holy Week/Weekend (Wednesday through Sunday, including
Good Friday and Easter) and the month of July, we DO NOT OFFER tours to El Yunque other than the Night Hike and/or
Ancestral Areyto. Access to the Forest is limited and we cannot guarantee the quality during those days.
|AdvenTours PUERTO RICO is an equal opportunity provider under special permits at El Yunque National Forest.
|For European Nations,
please contact us only via
regular phone or email.
|When you book directly with us, 100% of your money is spent locally, not abroad.
|Transfers & transportation
available 24 hours.
OFFICE HOURS: MONDAY - FRIDAY
2:00 PM - 9:00 PM
|Take the road less traveled, explore, eat, drink, relax, enjoy!
|All photographic material on this website is copyrighted by AdvenTours and/or its contributing photographers. Photos should not be
reproduced or exploited in any way without written permission from AdvenTours or Birding PUERTO RICO.
|© 1992 - 2022, AdvenTours PUERTO RICO.
787.530.8311 (2:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Monday thru Friday)
|The best nature-oriented activity you will find at the Rain Forest and it is kid´s friendly.
|ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE HOURS: MONDAY - FRIDAY 2:00 PM - 9:00 PM
|* Learn about the most important natural resources of our beloved Forest *
|· n a t u r e · e c o l o g i c a l · c u l t u r a l · e d u c a t i o n a l · a d v e n t u r e ·
29 years in business!
|· Birding Trips since 1992 ·
|Certified Interpretive Tour Guide Service for the EcoSensitive Traveler
|It is understood that when you complete the booking process, you agree with our Terms and Conditions.